Job Posting - Nisga’a Guides
January 22, 2018
Nisga’a Guide Outfitting is seeking applicants who have an interest in a future working in the Nisga’a Guide Outfitting business as hunting guides. On-the-job training will be provided.
The successful candidates will be trained in all aspects of hunting bear and goats and skills required to safely guide non- resident hunters in the Nisga’a guide outfitting territory. On the job training will be provided by a licensed guide outfitter, and candidates will be accompanying a licensed guide and clients on hunts.
To qualify for the position, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Good health and physical condition
- Strong communication skills
- Able to function well in a group
- Hold a valid BC driver license and provide a driver abstract
- Must be able to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time
- Able to lift minimum 25 kg
- Hunting experience is an asset
- Must have a Personal and Acquisitions License (PAL)
- Advise clients on hunting regulations
Candidates will be working in the outdoors in a variety of terrain and weather conditions. They must be physically fit and able to function to a high level in inclement weather.
A criminal record and reference check will be required of the successful candidate.
Interested applicants should submit their application through covering letter and resume by email or fax to:
Nisga’a Guide Outfitting LP
Attn: Kelsey Clayton
Fax (250) 633 – 2677
Application Deadline is: February 05, 2017