Job Posting - Forest Technicians (*Extended)
October 23, 2017
Lisims Forest Resources LP (LFR), located in Gitlaxt’aamiks (New Aiyansh), BC, is seeking three motivated and skilled Forest Technicians. The Forest Technician is part of a project team, responsible for various field tasks related to LFR forest license activities. These positions will report to the LFR Project Manager.
- Work as a team member to assist in the engineering and development of block and road layout, (including but not limited to GPS traversing, stream classification, timber cruising)
- Work as a team member to assist with LFR silviculture activities (including but not limited to brushing layout and quality control, and silviculture surveys)
- Post-secondary education with forestry diploma.
- Broad understanding of general forestry practices and operational planning.
- Minimum two years of experience in field activities such as block and road layout,
- Must be physically fit and prepared to work in steep adverse terrain in all weather conditions.
- All candidates should demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Wages will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate must have a BC Driver’s License, and three (3) recent work-related references.
Those interested are required to apply by letter, complete with a resume to:
Lisims Forest Resources LP, P.O. Box 236, New Aiyansh, B.C. V0J1A0
Fax number: 250-633-2677 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org